This is a free service which we provide to enable churches around the world to have their own website without any technical hassle. We do this so that God’s church will bring glory to him and that lost souls may be reached and saved.
This service is not available for exclusive use by church groups, such as bible studies, mens or womens groups, or church youth groups.
We are very keen to ensure that the service is not abused in any way, and will monitor all sign-ups on a regular basis to ensure that these terms are upheld.
“chweb.org” refers to this website excluding the content managed by users
“we” or “us” refers to the individuals working on behalf of this website
“you” refers to any individual or group representing any church or other organisation purporting to be a church who attempts or succeeds in signing up for services offered by this website
“your site” refers to the contents of the subdomain within www.chweb.org managed by you
Statement of Faith
To subscribe to this service you must agree with the following statement of faith:
- There is one God, who exists eternally in three distinct but equal persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God is unchangeable in his holiness, justice, wisdom and love. He is the almighty Creator, Saviour and Judge who sustains and governs all things according to His sovereign will for His own glory.
- God has revealed himself in the Bible, which consists of the Old and New Testaments alone. There are no additional books of scripture. Every word was inspired by God through human authors, so that the Bible as originally given is in its entirety the Word of God, without error and fully reliable in fact and doctrine. The Bible alone speaks with final authority and is always sufficient for all matters of belief and practice
- All men and women, being created in the image of God, have inherent and equal dignity and worth. Their greatest purpose is to obey, worship and love God. As a result of the fall of our first parents, every aspect of human nature has been corrupted and all men and women are without spiritual life, guilty sinners and hostile to God. Every person is therefore under the just condemnation of God and needs to be born again, forgiven and reconciled to God in order to know and please him.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life in obedience to the Father. He taught with authority and all his words are true. On the cross he died in the place of sinners, bearing God’s punishment for their sin, redeeming them by his blood. He rose from the dead and in his resurrection body ascended into heaven where he is exalted as Lord of all. He intercedes for his people in the presence of the Father.
- Salvation is entirely a work of God’s grace and cannot be earned or deserved. It has been accomplished by the Lord Jesus Christ and is offered to all in the gospel. God in his love forgives sinners whom he calls, granting them repentance and faith. All who believe in Christ are justified by faith alone, adopted into the family of God and receive eternal life
- The Holy Spirit has been sent from heaven to glorify Christ and to apply his work of salvation. He convicts sinners, imparts spiritual life and gives a true understanding of the Scriptures. He indwells all believers, brings assurance of salvation and produces increasing likeness to Christ. He builds up the church and empowers its members for worship, service and mission.
- The universal church is the body of which Christ is the head and to which all who are saved belong. It is made visible in local churches, which are congregations of believers who are committed to each other for the worship of God, the preaching of the Word, the administering of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, for pastoral care and discipline, and for evangelism. The unity of the body of Christ is expressed within and between churches by mutual love, care and encouragement. True fellowship between churches exists only where they are faithful to the gospel.
- Baptism has been given to the churches by Christ as a visible sign of the gospel. Baptism is a symbol of union with Christ and entry into His church but does not impart spiritual life.
- The Lord’s Supper has been given to the churches by Christ as a visible sign of the gospel. The Lord’s Supper is a commemoration of Christ’s sacrifice offered once for all and involves no change in the bread and wine. All its blessings are received by faith.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in glory. He will raise the dead and judge the world in righteousness. The wicked will be sent to eternal punishment and the righteous will be welcomed into a life of eternal joy in fellowship with God. God will make all things new and will be glorified forever.
You may sign up to chweb.org and have your site “under construction” for a period of one calendar month from the date of subscription. If we determine that your site is not completed after this time period we will remove it, and the domain will become available for others to use. We will consider your site not to be completed if there are blank pages, incomplete paragraphs, or clear indications that it is “under construction”. We will give you one week’s notice before we remove your site, during which you will be strongly encouraged to complete your site if you wish to continue with the service.
You will ensure that all content on your site is accurate, up to date, and glorifying to God.
You will not include any content which is sexist, racist, politically-motivated, or unlawful.
You agree that all of your content will be maintained in accordance with United States Law (where this website is hosted).
We recognise that you may want to include some evangelistic material in your site, and that this may be regarded by some as offensive. You will ensure that your content is sensitive to all peoples of the earth while being true to God’s word as revealed in the Bible.
You may include valid HTML code in the text which you enter.
You may not include any other client or server-side code in the text which you enter. Any attempt to do so will be regarded as a hacking attempt and your site will be removed from chweb.org.
You may enter no more than 5Kbytes of data per page on your site.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
All the graphics, images and templates used throughout chweb.org are for use within the chweb.org domain only. If you decide to move your website away from chweb.org you may continue to use our graphics, images and templates provided that you (a) provide a link back to us from either your “home” page or your “links” page, and (b) only use them for a church which has previously had a site provided by chweb.org for a minimum of 3 consecutive calendar months.
If you wish to use any graphics, images or templates for any other site (church or otherwise), please contact us giving us details of which graphics you require. This will allow us to pass your enquiry to the commercial companies which have so kindly provided their services to us for free.
The total monthly bandwidth use of your site shall not exceed 10 Mbytes of data. Any site which exceeds this level will be given 3 months notice of termination, on the grounds that the site is receiving sufficient traffic to require more adequate hosting elsewhere. If, during the 3 month period the traffic increases to over 15 Mbytes of data, the site will be terminated immediately. This is to ensure continuity of service for other chweb.org sites.
We reserve the right to remove all or any part of your site which we feel is inappropriate for chweb.org. We reserve the right to make such decisions without consultation with you and to act without notice to you.